6. What do you mean ____ saying that you've never heard of it before?
A. in B. by C. as D. with
7. I like this house with a beautiful garden in front, but I don’t have enough money to buy ______.
A. one B. it C. this D. that
8. _______ he was ill, I was expected to take his place greatly surprised me for I didn’t have much working experience.
A. If B. That if C. That D. If that
9. We have no interest in the actress’s scandal, _____ has been the focus of the newspaper’s attention for months.
A. which B. what C. who D. that
10. On the next birthday, Ann___________ married for twenty years.
A. is B. has been
C. will be D. will have been